How we collect your information
OccaSoftware collects some information from you when you: (a) create an account; (b) get a subscription to play our games; (c) play our games or use game-related services; (d) make a purchase within our Services; (e) create user-generated content; (f) watch advertisements within our Services; (g) sign up for a newsletter; (h) contact OccaSoftware customer service and take part in technical-support sessions; (i) enter a contest, event or sweepstakes, or participate in a challenge held by OccaSoftware; (j) chat with other users of the Services; (k) signal interest in participating in a playtest; (l) share or contribute to our social media channels and other community websites, including forums; or (m) apply for a job.
Information we collect
OccaSoftware collects only adequate and relevant information limited to the purposes defined hereunder.
a – Information you provide us
- Contact information (such as your name and email address)
- Your age
- Your gender
- Your birthdate
- Your username and password
- Profile information (such as a profile picture)
- Information that you provide when seeking help from our customer service (such as chat logs, contact details such as your phone number and email address if necessary to resolve your request, and customer support tickets)
- Other information you provide us (such as information used to identify a lost account)
b – Information we automatically collect directly from you when you use our Services
- Information about your game progress and activity
- Information about your interactions with other players
- IP address and device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI)
- Information about your device (such as device name and operating system, browser information, including browser type and the language you prefer)
- Information we collect using cookies and similar technologies (Note: You can refer to our Cookies Policy to learn more about opting out of such technologies)
- General geolocation information
- Precise geolocation information (GPS), if you configure your device location settings
- OccaSoftware player ID
c – Information we obtain from our partners (advertisers, others publishers, distributors, billing partners, ad network providers)
- Information that we receive if you decide to connect to a third-party social network (such as Facebook or Game Center)
- Information from billing and distribution partners (if you subscribe to certain games or make in-game purchases)
- Information for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you with better Services
- Information (such as IPs, Device IDs) we may receive from other partners, which we use to place / send you advertising
How we use your information
Under normal circumstances, we only collect personal information from you when:
- we have a legal obligation to collect and process personal information from you
- we have your consent to do so
- we need the personal information to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with the Services, such as customer support services, bug and service-error detection, and fraud prevention
- the processing is in our legitimate interests (when we serve and measure the effectiveness of advertising or marketing campaigns, analyze your gaming activities, protect and improve our products and services) and not overridden by your rights, or when we have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you
We primarily use the information to provide you with a better gaming experience, but we also use your information, both individually and combined, as follows:
To operate our business and to enhance your gaming experience, including to:
- provide you with the Services that are suitable for your age and compliant with the applicable laws of your country of residence
- provide gaming experiences that you may like and functionalities you have subscribed to
- track your use of the Services to help us learn more about your gaming activities and understand your preferences and tendencies, so that we can personalize your experience, provide you with in-game offers and notifications that are tailored to you, and otherwise enhance your gaming experience
- facilitate sharing on social networks
- register your participation in a contest and contact you in the event of a prize
- organize and ensure the proper management of events (e.g. registering your participation in an event, granting access to an event, prize delivery)
- offer you the opportunity to take part in playtesting (game tests)
- protect against cheating, crime or fraud, or for other security reasons
- identify and fix bugs and service errors
- use it for administration, analytics, research, and optimization
- compile statistics
- comply with all regulatory and legal requirements, and answer any requests from Data Protection Authorities or any law enforcement agency
- respect security requirements (e.g. performing audits)
To provide you with support, communicate with you and respond to any requests or questions you have submitted through our customer support.
To personalize our communication with you, including to:
- handle your subscription to, and opting-out of, our newsletters
- contact you to promote our Services and contests we may offer
- send you, with your prior consent, promotions or marketing materials (we will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving such materials in the future)
- offer in-game surveys
- provide you with advertising that better suits your interests and profile and is age-/gender-appropriate and targeted to your general location
- serve and measure the effectiveness of advertising
- collect any personal information you may disclose through messages you choose to send to another user or defined group of users through our message, chat, post or other in-game functions, as well as to collect necessary personal information belonging to the user(s) you are contacting, in order to facilitate communication (Note: We will never collect any information sent outside of the functionality of our Services, including through emails or text messages)
- personalize your content and offers
- send you push notifications (should you choose to allow that function)—only for users 13 years of age or older in the United States
For some of the purposes described above, OccaSoftware may use and perform analytics. Analytics information supports business analysis and operations, allows product development, improves products and Services, personalizes content, provides advertising, and makes recommendations.
How we retain your information
How we share your information
With OccaSoftware entities
In order to operate the Services, your personal information may be transferred to other OccaSoftware studios or entities, subsidiaries, processors or third parties located worldwide as described below (please refer to "International operations and transfers of your information").
With third parties
We use third-party services that have limited access to your information for specific purposes, such as administration, analytics, optimization, advertising, prize delivery, marketing assistance, customer service, and data analysis. They assist us with our operations.
Such third parties are authorized to use your information for these purposes only.
If you decide, while using our Services, to use social sharing features such as “Share” or “Like” on Facebook or other third-party social network sites, this may allow the sharing and collection of personal and non-personal information both to and from such third-party social networks.
You should visit the policies of such third parties for more information about their information collection practices.
If OccaSoftware becomes a part of a greater holding group or entity, your information may be transferred to that entity for specific projects. In that case, you will be informed of the nature of the relevant projects and the entities involved, and you will be asked for your prior consent before any transfer of your information takes place.
We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agency activities that we, in good faith, believe to be illegal. We will investigate or take action to counter illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Services, or to protect the property or safety of others. We may also disclose your information if required by any law or court order worldwide, if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct.
In that case, we will consider applicable local laws, the nature of the order, as well as the legitimacy and proportionality of your information.
In case of sale of our company
In connection with any sale of our company or any line of business (including the assets relating thereto), customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. In the event of any such sale or disposition of any or all of our business, your information may be transferred to the acquirer.
International operations and transfers of your information
As part of our international operations, we may transfer personal information to our affiliates (which means subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures, and other corporate entities under common ownership of OccaSoftware, LLC) from time to time for our legitimate business purposes.
OccaSoftware is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations, entities and Services throughout the world. We have taken measures to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and lawfully, and that it will receive an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Security and confidentiality of your personal information
We have implemented security measures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the personal information collected through the Services.
We take, and force applicable third parties to take, reasonable precautions to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use of, or access to, your information that is under our control.
If there is a breach of security involving your personal information, including credit card information, from our Services, we will inform you immediately according to your local regulations relating to the notification of information Breaches, and take commercially reasonable steps to rectify such breach.
If you believe your personal information is being improperly used by us or any third party, please immediately notify us through email at email@example.com.
We encourage parents and guardians to teach their children about privacy and how their information may be used on the Internet. Children should never disclose their name, address or phone number, or any personal information, without their parents’ or guardian's prior permission.
We consider a user to be a child if they are under the age of 13, unless more stringent regulation applies in their state of residence.
If we consider that any of our Services are directed at users under the minimum legal age required in their country of residence, we can block such users from using the Services or from providing information and/or limit the collection of information from such users as described below in more detail.
No personal information should be submitted to OccaSoftware by users under the minimum legal age required in their state of residence. We apply the following limitations to personal information collection for a user that is not of the minimum legal age required in their state of residence.
Such a user cannot:
- display their real name or any information in the games
- access the chat, leaderboard, forums, SNS (Facebook, Game Center, etc.)
- subscribe to newsletters
- use any other feature where users could appear under their real names
With respect to such a user, we will prevent the collection and use of their precise geolocation data and display to them contextual advertising only (excluding any behavioral advertising).
Children can be invited to take part in testing our games (playtests) with their parents' or guardians’ authorization and/or their parents' or guardians’ physical presence being required depending on the state where the playtest is conducted.
We ask that you keep the information that you provide to us updated. You can correct any information you have provided by contacting us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You represent and warrant that all information you provide us is true and correct and relates to you and not to any other person.
You can exercise your rights at any time and ask OccaSoftware for access to, or rectification or erasure of, your information.
Please note that other third parties (our data partners) may be controllers of your information. You can obtain more details and opt out of the sharing of your personal information to third parties for any purpose by contacting us through email at email@example.com.
If you have previously consented to any direct marketing communication from us or subscribed to our newsletters, you can unsubscribe by clicking on a link available in each communication and newsletter we send you.
If you want to decline to allow cookies or other tracking technologies, please read our Cookies Policy on our websites.
Please note that game functionality, Services and features can be affected by your actions. Some of your information and its processing is mandatory for OccaSoftware to provide the Services.
Your actions may force OccaSoftware to cease providing the Services. When the conditions below apply, your game will be reset:
- If you ask for the modification of this mandatory information, we may not be able to continue to link the game or game Services to you.
- If you request limitations to processing that are mandatory for OccaSoftware, or you object to such processing (in which case, we may not be able to provide you with the game or game Services).
- If you withdraw your consent or ask for the deletion of your information.
If you withdraw your consent or ask for the deletion of your information, we will not use or process your information anymore but we will store it to answer regulatory or police requests. We also reserve the right to retain an archive of such information for a commercially reasonable time to ensure that its deletion does not affect the integrity of our data; and we further reserve the right to retain an anonymous version of such information.
Please email us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are the parent of a child who is under 13 years of age (or under another age specified by applicable regulations) and believe your child has provided us with information, please email us at email@example.com.
To preserve the confidentiality of your information, we must be able to correctly identify you. For this reason, please provide us with a copy of an official document to prove your identity. This copy will be safely destroyed within two months of your request being received and closed.
Our team will look into your request and answer you within one month, unless your request requires further investigation. You’ll be specifically informed if that is the case.
Additional information for Californian users
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has collected, shared with, and/or sold to third parties for a business or commercial purpose during the immediately preceding calendar year.
As a Californian consumer, you also have the right, at any time, to opt out of any type of selling of your personal information.
Therefore, you are encouraged to review the privacy policies of all third party services. Without limiting anything in the following section, we are not liable in any way for the actions, inactions or policies of any external services.
How to contact us